Monday, March 19, 2012

Post 7: It's been a hell of a long time...

So, I'm not the best blogger. The move has happened and I am mostly settled... that is, physically I am settled. Mentally, still working on it.

Kiko has been out of quarantine for almost a month at this point and he is adjusted like nothing happened. I visited him as soon as I could after arriving here but the next day received a call from the quarantine center that the little guy had chewed his paw pads. He was prescribed antibiotics, the cone of shame, and some doggie vallium to help him cope. That put an end to our momma / puppy visits. It was a difficult few weeks for both of us but we are finally together again. Now, he is a dog of leisure and is lounging in the sun at this exact moment. He has toys, fresh air, and everything he ever wanted. This afternoon, we will visit the dog beach for a swim. Not a bad ending for his story.

I am at the point, almost 2 months in Oz, and am missing friends, family, and something to do during the day. It has been a struggle to stick to a schedule. My eating and sleeping habits are suffering and I feel it in my body. I am focusing on getting back on track, having a schedule, and looking forward to finding some kind of employment in the near future. I just have to Aussie-fy my resume and get my butt out there.

My Man informed me last night that he won't be home for Easter. It will be tough to be alone on a family holiday. I have people here I can visit but its not my family and I feel reluctant and maybe a bit petulant. Part of me wants to pout and lock myself away in the house and be miserable Easter weekend. It's not my Man's fault he has to work, it just is. Still, I have always been more dramatic and feel that I will be a martyr in protest.

Today though, I feel inclined to go to the city and see how far the credit card will take me....

Till I write again,
G'day!

1 comment: