Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 1: Rainbow Maker

I sit in my cubicle, dreaming of a life that could be. I am terrified of the present and yet frozen at the thought of my future.
I wonder- Is this normal?

Sure I have some big decisions to re-make. To go, or not to go... that is the question. Everyday is different. Why can't life be simple?

I hold onto that knowledge, my fingers clutching at the sharp rocks on an invisible cliff. I am tough as nails, I am strong, I am a trailblazer. With re-newed strength, I pull myself up over the craggy edge and sit on a pillow of soft green grass. The view in front of me is breath taking. I remind myself that I am a sparkling personality who has the power to see through the darkness and pull out the light. At times like these, when the skies are dark and rain is threatening, I have to remember that I am the only one who can make my rainbows.
My happiness is dictated by me and no one else. So, I take control back from those unknown forces that have made me fear. I will make it through this day with a smile. I am the rainbow maker.

1 comment:

  1. There is always dark, but to see the light in the dark, that is where happiness lies. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete